Pat Buss’ legal career began upon her graduation from William Mitchell College of Law in 1981.
In her 4 years as Assistant County Attorney in Scott County, she started out handling criminal, traffic and juvenile delinquency matters, as well as child support and paternity cases.
She then went to work at the Dakota County Attorney’s Office, where she continued to handle child support and paternity cases, along with day care and foster care licensing, child protection matters, mental health and chemical dependency commitments, vulnerable adult and adult protection matters, welfare fraud criminal prosecutions, public assistance eligibility appeals, and advised county social services personnel on data practices issues.
After 15 years working as an Assistant County Attorney, Pat yearned to work directly with the people whose lives were affected by the law. She genuinely enjoys the opportunity to listen to her clients’ concerns, explain the law and their options to them, and help them make informed decisions regarding the issues that will affect their lives.
Pat is also an Alternative Dispute Resolution provider. She has been trained and is listed on the Minnesota Supreme Court’s Roster of Qualified Family Neutrals.
In addition to being an attorney, Pat is a divorced mother of two adult children. Therefore, she is no stranger to the struggles of divorce and co-parenting.
When she is not working, Pat enjoys being active in various social, church, political, and community events.
The following are some of Pat’s personal and professional affiliations:
- Parenting Consult Group
- Minnesota Association for Children’s Mental Health – volunteer
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- First District Bar Association
- Eighth District Bar Association
- Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church in Apple Valley, MN
- Minnesota Association for Children’s Mental Health – president, board member
- Collaborative Law Institute – board member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Public Law Section – co-chair
- Dakota County Bar Association
- First District Bar Association – president
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
Contact Patricia Buss to discuss your legal matter today.